Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

The jouneys of me and my pet moose, Morris. Join us as we go where no moose has gone before...at least as far as I know.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Me And Mo Do Israel

Welcome to the new blog. You may be wondering what this blog is and why I'm doing it. The basic answer is that I am a sick individual. The more complicated answer is that I thought it would be cool if I tracked some of my travels by taking pictures of a figurine in front of certain monuments. The complicated answer reinforces the basic answer. The following may shed some light on the nativity of the blog.

A Few F.A.Q.

Where did the idea come from?
I had the idea of doing some sort of travel photo-blog. I wanted to take pictures of myself with certain backgrounds or in front of certain recognizable monuments. At the same time I had the idea of making a blog with a list of all the bars in my area, visiting them one by one and checking them off the list, possibly with a picture. This blog is the mutant child of the two ideas. Both a journal of my travels and list of bars I go to. But to make it all more interesting, instead of me in the pictures, Morris the Moose is the star.

Why a moose?
Well, for my 17th birthday, my friend Nadiv gave me a small moose figurine. For the last 3+ years, his home has been on top of my computer monitor in my room. His pose and the look on his face combined with his size make him the perfect candidate. He's very photogenic. As a Canadian, my friends are always making moose and caribou remarks so I thought a moose travel companion was a perfect fit.

Why is his name Mo?
His name is actually Morris. "Morris the Moose" just fits. I've always liked giving animals mature, adult names. As a kid I had a lion stuffed animal named Lester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home